“PostSecret is an ongoing community mail art project, created by Frank Warren in 2005, in which people mail their secrets anonymously on a homemade postcard. Selected secrets are then posted on the PostSecret website, or used for PostSecret’s books or museum exhibits.
The concept of the project was that completely anonymous people decorate a postcard and portray a secret that they had never previously revealed. No restrictions are made on the content of the secret; only that it must be completely truthful and must never have been spoken before. Entries range from admissions of sexual misconduct and criminal activity to confessions of secret desires, embarrassing habits, hopes and dreams.
To date Warren has published five books, compiled of submitted secrets, including some which were never posted on the website.
- PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives (December 1, 2005) (ISBN 0-06-089919-0)
- My Secret: A PostSecret Book (October 24, 2006) (ISBN 0-06-119668-1)
- The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book (January 9, 2007) (ISBN 0-06-119875-7)
- A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book (October 9, 2007) (ISBN 0-06-123860-0)
- Confessions on Life, Death, & God (October 6, 2009) (ISBN 0-06-185933-8)
- The World of PostSecret (November 4, 2014) (ISBN 0-06-233901-X)”
I’ve created a little moodboard what, to me, feels like sums up the style and concept of Post Secret.
Unknown. (2016). Postsecret. Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostSecret. Last accessed 05/12/16.